Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Ashes

Here are the ashes of an old flame that was extinguished a long long time ago:
I just had the urge to post this thing that I've written more than a year ago. As mentioned, the composition is old.. written when I was too young, too stupid to actually have the slightest notion about what love is. I've thrown the ashes of that flame out into a sea of memories I would not dare dip into again for a lifetime. But my luck and like I had another lifetime, I'm out again to extinguish another flame. Now that my world just crashed (as in bout a couple of hours ago) care of the him who slept in my apartment for two weeks... I felt all the more alone, stupid and just plain ugly. It's becoming more and more of a fire each day, consuming my thoughts... I can still hear the crackling of false hopes into my head. I want to grasp it now and kill it with my bare hands even if costs burning of flesh. But you see, the more I know bout what he thinks, the more I die. The more his absence lingers... the more I fail at putting off the fire as I myself burn out and will eventually be the ashes thrown out into the sea of forgotten memories.